Boy Scout Troop 56 - Indianapolis, Indiana
Welcome to the Troop 56 Home Page
Troop 56 is a Boy Scouts of America troop in the North Star District of the Crossroads of America Council. We are located at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Indianapolis, Indiana.
We welcome visitors to our "Join Our Troop" page for more information.
Summer Camp @ Ransburg July 19-25, 2015 - T56 will be camping at Ransburg in Bloomington, IN the week of July 19-25, 2015! The theme will be the wild west, so please bring decorations to camp with you for camp site! We will be camping at Hilltop camp site and cooking our own food. Please sign up now if you plan to attend. Worksheets to plan your merit badge classes will be coming soon to a troop meeting and distributed via email. Click on this link to sign up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6F9ZPXK
T-Shirt Design Due June 3rd! - Just a reminder, we need a T-shirt design for Camp Ransburg Summer Camp! The theme this year is the “Wild West”. So, use your imagination and email your designs ideas to Dr. Decker. We need to move quickly on this because it takes time for the T-shirt company to make these.
Of important note: If we don’t get any ideas, the adults leaders will have to come up with some and you probably don’t want that to happen!
June 2015 High Adventure Backpack Trip to Michigan - With much excitement and anticipation, this year's trip will be a backpacking adventure and ferry ride to and around North Manitou Island off the coast of Michigan.
- Where: North Manitou Island off the coast of Michigan [google map link]
- When: The dates will be June 17-24 or 16-23 as we can be a bit flexible.
- How: Travel will be by car, ferry and on foot.
- How much?: We anticipate that the cost will be less than $200.00.
- There is a limit of 10 people per group so it will be first come first served, unless we get enough response for two groups.
- Scouts should be at least 1st Class and be able to backpack at least ten miles plus.
- All scouts and adults must have their scout physicals complete two weeks before the date of departure; there are no exceptions to this. Current physicals cannot have expired before the end of the trip.
- Scoutmasters will have the final decision on all attendees.
Interested in High Adventure?
- Express your interest This is a solicitation of interest in a crew to go to West Virginia for a hiking and white water rafting a week; this is not a commitment to go on the trip. This helps us for planning [express interest link].
Packing list worksheet below and available on Google Docs [link].
The Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
The Scout Law
A Scout is:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful,
Friendly, Courteous, Kind,
Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty,
Brave, Clean, Reverent.